Tuesday, March 8, 2011

T-1 hour to departure!

I should probably be doing my dishes or something, but instead I'm updating all my social media (this, Twitter and Facebook) to make sure all our loyal Tiger fans are as up to date as possible before I sit in a car for 10-plus hours on the trek down south! The DWU National Tournament page is now up and running on the DWU athletics page. Check that out for game stories and links to all sorts of fun things (like where to watch/listen to the game live if you can't make it to Branson!).

I've been looking at blogs from Grace College and NAIA message boards for a few days. Seems like DWU is the slight underdog in this first-round game, but I think that's OK. We've got four wins under top-1o teams under our belt already; bring on the No. 15. Grace is tall, yes, but other than that they seem very similar to the Tigers. Should be an interesting game.

Game notes aside... last year I was in Branson for a total of about 20 hours. (Got there Friday for the second-round game and left early Saturday morning.) It was fun, but I didn't get to do much! This year, I'm definitely going back to the Rib Crib, along with a few other rib places I hope, and wherever other tasty places our senses may lead us. There was also a wax museum across from my hotel last year that I really wanted to get to. Maybe this year. Oh, and I definitely want to hit up the hospitality room more this year. And watch more basketball, I suppose.

Time to finish getting packed/ready. Off to Branson! Who ya rootin' for?!

No comments: