Wednesday, March 11, 2009

From the Media Room...

Checking in quick from the Media Room at Keeter Gymnasium. Our guys are watching No. 10 Mount Vernon Nazarene and Bellevue right now, so I just stopped in here to get a little work done. I just sent out my official preview for tomorrow's game, so I'll link to it once it goes up on our site.

We caught the second half of Evergreen State's win over Bluefield, in which 5-11 Nate Menefee went off for 48 points to lead his squad to a comeback win. He just missed the tournament single-game record, which is 53 points. It was an incredible performance. He did most of his damage going to the basket, and he almost did it in spite of his teammates. They weren't going out of their way to get him the ball, which was crazy for how well he was playing. For movie fans, he reminded me of Kyle Watson from Above the Rim.

After this, we're heading out for a dinner with our honorary coaches, and then back to Keeter tonight for the parade of champions. I'll hopefully have some photos from that. Look for another update from me this evening.

No comments: