Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday update

Hola. Here's a quick update with some random thoughts with a few free minutes between practice and lunch. After lunch we'll be heading to Keeter Gymnasium to take in some of the afternoon games, and I'll be working on a preview of tomorrow's matchup with Grand View either on press row or in the media room, which is run by Northwestern SID Matt Bos. Nice to have a GPAC connection in a convenient spot!

-I'm shorter than most of the players, so I can't imagine how some of them are dealing with the Quality Inn's shower. I'm 6-0, and the shower head is right at my shoulder. The bathrooms in this joint definitely weren't designed with a basketball team in mind.

-Last night we had some Papa John's delivered to the hotel. Our delivery guy's name? "Dad" according to his nametag. He left us with this deep thought: "You know, a lot of people go on to do great things with their lives. Then they order pizza from me." Quite an experience.

-Ike Muoneke and Mitch Bain are vying for the team's American Idol award. Ike was singing a number from The Lion King on the bus the other day, and yesterday at Taco Bell Mitch was singing "I'm not gonna write you a love song." Then they joined together for a rendition of "Billie Jean" as we were getting on the bus. Spectacular.

Off to lunch at Wendy's. I'll check back in later with thoughts from the games we see, and some notes on Grand View. GPAC starts 0-1 after a rough second half by Briar Cliff this morning.

No comments: